To use IIoT Cloud Connector an additional license is required (contact ASEM support).
IIoT Cloud Connector works from version Premium HMI 5.1.xxxx
Creating an MQTT device in Databoom
First operation to do is creating an MQTT device in Databoom
- Access in Databoom
- Move to the Devices section in the side menu
- Click the Add a device button
- Select the type of device MQTT (refer the support article for the correct configuration)
- Of particular importance are the ClientId and Topics where publish data fields, that are used in IIoT Cloud Connector configuration. The topic is generated by merging:
- a project, a value chosen by the user, eg. test
- the device token, eg. 0ro3ubpc5m
- publication topic, eg. push
- eg. test/0ro3ubpc5m/push
- Fill the other fields and confirm the device creation
- To configurate IIoT Cloud Connector you'll need device Token, ClientId and Topic where publish data fields
- You don't need to add signals to the MQTT device in Databoom, they are automatically created at the first communication with IIoT Cloud Connector
Configuration happens by setting your own connection parameters in the file UniQloudRuntimeConfig.xml, located in the directory RESOURCES of the project.
The parameters to set are:
<UseManualAuthenticationMode>true</UseManualAuthenticationMode> <ManualConfigOptions> <DeviceID><DEVICE_TOKEN></DeviceID> <ClientID><CLIENT_ID></ClientID> <Endpoint>tcp://mqtt.databoom.com:1883</Endpoint> <Username><USERNAME></Username> <Password><OAUTH_TOKEN></Password> <Protocol>mqtt</Protocol> <Qos>1</Qos> <Target><DATA_TOPIC></Target>
- <DEVICE_TOKEN> is the device token in Databoom, visible in the device detail page, eg. 0ro3ubpc5m;
- <CLIENT_ID> is the id of the client, it is automatically generated by Databoom with the user's namespace and the device token. It is visible in the MQTT device detail page in Databoom, eg. SxVO-0ro3ubpc5m;
- <USERNAME> is the Databoom username;
- <OAUTH_TOKEN> is an authentication token generated by Databoom in the section Settings->Credentials;
- <DATA_TOPIC> is the data publication topic, displayed in the device detail page in Databoom, eg. test/0ro3ubpc5m/push
IIoT Cloud Connector configuration in Premium HMI
In addition to the configuration in the .xml file, you also need to set up the storage options in the PremiumHMI project.
In project general settings you can set storage parameters in the Cloud Push Agent Configuration section.
In Data Loggers options you need to enable archiving on Cloud option. Data loggers can be therefore assigned to the variables you want to forward to Databoom.
Once the procedure has been completed, Databoom starts to record data sent from Premium HMI. To examine your data and have a correct representation, follow the instructions in Edit/validation of a signal.