To add a new device some basic information is needed. It is possible to choose its type from a list, the default one is "standard". The description typed in the corresponding field, will appear in the list of devices page.
Device position can be fixed or dynamic:
- Fixed position, you need to insert an addres
- Dynamic position, you need to select two signals, a Latitude and a Longitude. Signals will be checked regularly to update device position
It is possible to customize marker position by dragging it or by clicking in the map area. You can choose the map type, map or satellite, by clicking the map icon or the globe icon in the header of the map box.
To create a new device you need to specify two more fields, Hours difference and Displayed Timezone. If the user chose preferences in their profile, they will be used as default values.
- The Hours difference indicates the offset used to store signals data of some types of device (option is ignored in others). You can choose among:
- Hours, fixed hours difference from UTC, it isn't afflicted by daylight saving time;
- Timezone, variable difference according to the timezone, it varies with daylight saving time.
- The Displayed timezone indicates the timezone used to display the charts of the device signals. It is possible to store data with an Hours difference and displaying them with a different timezone.
It is possible to add Tags as filters to the device.
The Decimals separator, CSV datetime format and CSV signals fields are shown in device creation only when the device requires signals import from .CSV files (see Google Drive). The datetime format must match the one present in the files in order to parse data correctly and it is required to specify the descriptions of the signals to import. If you want to import signals from CSV for other types of device, the option is still available in the edit page of the device once created.
Custom fields section allows to add user-customizable fields to store additional info about the device.
Once all the fields have been filled and the device has been saved, its detail is shown, with its map and its signals list, which is empty at the beginning.