The widget displays the graphic representation of one or more user-selected signals. By moving your cursor over the data area, you will see balloons containing the single values and corresponding dates. In addition, by selecting a part of the graph, it gets zoomed.
By clicking the legend, the list of the signals present in the chart is shown with the icons to reach their detail page (in multi chart, comparison with other signals is mantained in the details page of the selected signal). There is also a label showing the timezone used in the visualization (option in the widget edit menu).
By clicking on the 3-dots icon, you access the widget menu, then, by clicking the gear, the editing modal. The Chart zoom icon expands the chart to full-screen, while the Export icon downloads the visualized data in csv format (the file is generated in background and shown as a note in a Notes Widget) or in JPG, PNG, SVG e PDF formats. Event button allows event creation with the same procedure of notes creation in notes widget.
In addition to the name and color, you can choose the data range you want to display with Data frequency and Time period fields. If the selected frequency is too high for the selected tange, the visualization could show an error, the Automatic option is therefore reccomended.
If the automatic option is selected, it is possible to view the provided granularity by hovering the indication in the footer.
Displayed timezone default value is user's profile preference, if it is not setted, Central Europe Timezone (CET) is used.
The view options Axis X labels shows the labels of axis X in the chart area while Fixed labels set values label visualization directly on the chart. Labels are shown only if the values in the chart are no more than 60. If the signal has constant value, only a label is shown on it.
It is possible to add signals to the widget by selecting the source device and the signal. To remove a signal added previously, it is enough to open the edit menu of its chart (from the legend) and click the proper button.
By clicking the signal description in widget legend (or, if visualized, on the values fn the axis), the axis edit panel is shown. A chart is fully customizable with the following options:
- View axis, to show/hide the axis of the chart being edited. It is possible to show only axis values hiding its description with the field View description;
- Show events, to enable/disable events visualization in the chart area. If the option is active, moving in the event area with the mouse arrow will show a balloon with its description, tags and date. By clicking the event area, its details modal is opened;
- Events labels, to show events titles (can be filled in the corresponding note in a notes widget) directly in the chart area;
- Show alarms, to enable/disable alarms visualization in the chart area. If the option is active, moving in the alarm area with the mouse arrow will show a balloon with its description, status and date;
- Axis description, to edit the description shown next to the axis, while the legend shows the signal real description;
- Position, to move the axis to the left or right of the chart area;
- View options, other than View description, the following options are available:
- Marked signal, to show the signal in a bolder duller way (default) or in a thiner more transparent;
- View grid, tho show/hide the axis grid in the chart area;
- Edit axis scale, to rescale the chart according to the values inserted in the fields;
- Show absolute value, if the signal is a counter, it shows an additional linear chart with the current value of the counter;
- Decimal digits, the number of decimal digits to show in the axis values and in chart balloons;
- Show trendlines, to enable/disable the visualization of Default trendlines (Min, Max, Avg) or Custom trendlines added by the user.
It is possible to hide a chart from the widget, without removing it, by clicking the eye icon next to the signal.
It is possible to create multiple graphs directly from the edit panel of the widget or from the signal detail page. There are two different cases:
- Comparing signals from one or more devices;
- Comparing different time ranges of the same signal (only from the detail page).
Multiple graphs: comparing signals
It is possible to manage compared signals individually, through their menus, accesible by clicking their description in the legend.
- It is recommended the visualization of only a chart grid, in order to have a cleaner chart area;
- Every chart has its own scale. To compare signals using the same scale, set the same values in the fields individually.
Multiple graphs: comparing time ranges
Time ranges compare widget mirrors the signals compare functionalities. It is not possible to change the time range chosen while creating the widget.
The widget is usable for both the dashboards and the reports.
Graphs in reports
It is possible to select some options in the settings menu to improve widget adaptation to the report:
- Show only chart, only the chart is printed in the report, header and footer are hidden;
- Legend, chart legend is printed only if it's visualized in the widget, it is then possible to hide it by keeping it collapsed;
- Caption, caption for the widget, it will be visualized just under the widget in the generated report.