The widget displays the graphic representation of one or more user-selected signals. By moving your cursor over the data area, you will see balloons containing the single values and corresponding dates. In addition, by selecting a part of the graph, it gets zoomed.
By clicking the legend, the list of the signals present in the chart is shown with the icons to reach their detail page. There is also a label showing the timezone used in the visualization (option in the widget edit menu).
By clicking on the 3-dots icon, you access the widget menu, then, by clicking the gear, the editing modal. The Go to chart icon in the menu allows you to reach the signal detail page, the Chart zoom icon expands the chart to full-screen, while the Export icon downloads the visualized data in csv format.
In addition to the name and color, you can choose the data range you want to display with Data frequency and Time period fields. If the selected frequency is too high for the selected tange, the visualization could show an error, the Automatic option is therefore reccomended.
If the automatic option is selected, it is possible to view the provided granularity by hovering the indication in the footer.
Displayed timezone default value is user's profile preference, if it is not setted, Central Europe Timezone (CET) is used.
The view options Axis X labels shows the labels of axis X in the chart area.
It is possible to add signals to the widget by selecting the source device and the signal. To remove a signal added previously, it is enough to open the edit menu of its chart (from the legend) and click the proper button.
By clicking the signal description in widget legend (or, if visualized, on the values fn the axis), the axis edit panel is shown. A chart is fully customizable with the following options:
- View axis, to show/hide the axis of the chart being edited. It is possible to show only axis values hiding its description with the field View description;
- Show events, to enable/disable events visualization in the chart area. If the option is active, moving in the event area with the mouse arrow will show a balloon with its description, tags and date;
- Axis description, to edit the description shown next to the axis, while the legend shows the signal real description;
- Position, to move the axis to the left or right of the chart area;
- View options, other than View description, the following options are available:
- Marked signal, to show the signal in a bolder duller way (default) or in a thiner more transparent;
- View grid, tho show/hide the axis grid in the chart area;
- Enable graph rescaling, to rescale th chart according to the values inserted in the fields;
- Show absolute value, if the signal is a counter, it shows an additional linear chart with the current value of the counter;
- Decimal digits, the number of decimal digits to show in the axis values and in chart balloons;
- Show trendlines, to enable/disable the visualization of Default trendlines (Min, Max, Avg) or Custom trendlines added by the user.
It is possible to hide a chart from the widget, without removing it, by clicking the eye icon next to the signal.
It is possible to create multiple graphs directly from the edit panel of the widget or from the signal detail page. There are two different cases:
- Comparing signals from one or more devices;
- Comparing different time ranges of the same signal (only from the detail page).
Multiple graphs: comparing signals
It is possible to manage compared signals individually, through their menus, accesible by clicking their description in the legend.
- It is recommended the visualization of only a chart grid, in order to have a cleaner chart area;
- Every chart has its own scale. To compare signals using the same scale, set the same values in the fields individually.
Multiple graphs: comparing time ranges
Time ranges compare widget mirrors the signals compare functionalities. It is not possible to change the time range chosen while creating the widget.